[Evergreen-catalogers] Linking authority from bib is confusing

Mark Cooper markchristophercooper at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:11:08 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I've been testing authorities recently with a 2.3.2 system, just upgraded to 2.4.0.
I'm slightly confused about how the right click interface works with authorities in a bib record. And apparently it's not just me -- the cataloging librarian I've been working with on this is also confused. Here's the situation:

Pretend I have an ILS with 1 bib and 1 authority.

The authority record is for Tolkien with 1 x 100 and 6 x 400 fields.
The bib record is 'The fellowship of the ring'.

When I right click on the bib 100 field to link to the authority I see 7 blocks of matches (the same authority represented x 7) -- once for each 1/400 field in the authority record. We were expecting to see an authority record presented only once in the right-click menu, not to have what appears to be multiple repetitions of the same authority.

So firstly, is this what others are experiencing? Secondly, is this bug worthy?
I'm linking to a screenshot in case I haven't been clear with the description.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/870845/authority.jpg

This is not related to:

Thanks,
Mark