[Evergreen-catalogers] Looking for RDA records that can be added to the Evergreen test data set

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Apr 22 12:01:14 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to help facilitate the process of making Evergreen better support RDA. Others are focusing on writing new code, in the meantime (while I get better at writing RDA code) I am trying to help by gathering RDA records that we can legally add to the Evergreen test data set. Since it is hard to write code for RDA and then collaboratively test the code if we are all using different test RDA records. At this point I was able to find a couple of RDA records through the Library of Congress[1], but I wondered if anyone out there had some RDA records that could be legally shared with the Evergreen community? For the record, at this point I am not sure if we can add OCLC created records to the Evergreen test data set, but I will be exploring what our choices are with OCLC records in the following weeks.

One thing to watch out for is that some RDA records were created before some parts if RDA were standardized. For example, I found RDA records using the 260 tag instead of the 264 tag (publisher, distributor, etc. info) so I did not include them in the first RDA test batch.

So if you have some RDA records you can legally share with the community for our testing, email me directly so that we don't clog up the mailing list with attachments. You can also follow along our progress on this Launpad.net bug entry…

Thanks in advance,
Yamil

[1] Library of Congress Online Catalog
http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First