[Evergreen-catalogers] RDA training on YouTube

Barbara Telfer btelfer at ci.the-dalles.or.us
Wed Mar 12 21:18:21 EDT 2014

"Greetings Programs!"  [10 points if you can give me the movie reference]

I watched the YouTube video "RDA in 10 Easy Steps" last week.  It was produced by Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS), who have lots of videos on their YouTube channel.  It was about an hour long, but since I am a dyed-in-the-world note taker, it took me about half again to get through it [six pages of notes].  It deals a lot with FRBR, a conceptual model previously confusing to me.  After going through this, I think I have a better feel for FRBR, as I was able to explain it to my wife that night at home.

In checking the site to get the information correct for this email, I noticed that there were some new videos, so this group seems to keep adding materials at a decent pace.

I hope some of the rest of you will check these out.  We might be able to figure out a sequence [or several] of videos that would be helpful for all the different levels of catalogers.

Barbara
The Dalles-Wasco Co. Pub. Lib.