[Evergreen-catalogers] Authorities question

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Oct 16 12:43:16 EDT 2015

Hi all,

So, I was testing authorities in Sprint 2 of the web client, mostly out of
curiosity since we don't currently use authorities. I came across something
I thought was odd and reported it, and it turns out to be outside the scope
of the testing since the behavior I observed is the same as it is in the
current client. Before I go to Launchpad with a development request/bug fix,
I wanted to check with anyone who is currently using authorities in
Evergreen.

What I discovered was that, in Manage Authorities, I was able to delete an
auth record that was linked to bib records. I didn't expect that; I assumed
it would behave like other records that are linked together, like not
deleting bib records with copies attached. Instead, the bib records in the
web client were left pointing to an auth record that no longer existed. So
since it apparently behaves that way in the current client (according the
see any bugs entered in Launchpad for it yet.

Since we aren't using authorities yet, I don't have a living example to put
in a Launchpad ticket. Has anyone else seen this happen in their system, and
do they consider it to be a problem?

Thank you,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn