[Evergreen-catalogers] Creating/Editing/Deleting Bibliographic Templates

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Fri Apr 29 19:30:39 EDT 2016

Hi Sharon and all,

To add our two cents to the discussion.

We'd also like library staff to have the ability to create/edit/delete
the bibliographic templates in the
staff client.

We agree it would be great to be able to assign the templates to
particular locations, workstations, or users;
possibly in a similar way to how toolbars currently can be created and
assigned.  We would want to still have
global templates shared with the entire consortium but allow library
staff to create library specific templates
that they could share with their library or save for themselves.

We don't currently use authorities but think it would make sense to be
able to create authority templates as well.
For consistencies sake it may make sense for authority records to be
set up the same way as the bibliographic templates regarding
permissions and sharing even if all the functionality is not currently
required.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Pringle