[Evergreen-catalogers] Authority record match sets

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Aug 10 16:43:30 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
> However, in this case, I do want to allow cross-thesaurus matches
> (e.g. the sweet new MeSH authority records I get with the thesaurus
> code "c" should overlay the brief records with thesaurus code "L").

Many of the pieces required to do that are already in place, fortunately:

- authority.record_entry has a simple_heading column that contains the
normalized heading sans thesaurus
- the stored procedure authority.normalize_heading has a two-argument
form; the first argument is the MARCXML authority record, and the
second is a Boolean that if true causes the normalized heading to be
output without thesaurus
- several stored procedures in the vandelay schema could be tweaked to
add an option to match on simple_heading instead of heading to
implement a new thesaurus-less normalized heading authority match
option. At minimum, the following would need to be changed:

  vandelay.match_set_test_authxml
  vandelay._get_expr_push_jrow

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt