[Evergreen-catalogers] 700s under 600s

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed May 11 12:11:09 EDT 2016

Susan,

To remove the 7xx from the title I customize the
templates/opac/parts/record/authors.tt2 file[1]

There is a section that looks like this that I then shorten....

authors = [
    {
        type => 'author',
        label => l('Author'),
        xpath => '//*[@tag="100"]|//*[@tag="110"]|//*[@tag="111"]'
    }, {
        type => 'added',
        label => l('Added Author'),
        xpath => '//*[@tag="700"]|//*[@tag="710"]|//*[@tag="711"]'
    }, {
        type => 'cast',
        label => l('Cast'),
        xpath => '//*[@tag="508"]'
    }, {
        type => 'notes',
        label => l('Author Notes: '),
        xpath => '' # Comes from added content...
    }
];

Which I then shorten to this....

authors = [
    {
        type => 'author',
        label => l('Author'),
        xpath => '//*[@tag="100"]|//*[@tag="110"]|//*[@tag="111"]'
    }, {
        type => 'notes',
        label => l('Author Notes: '),
        xpath => '' # Comes from added content...
    }
];

You can see in the code where it tries to grab 700 and 710 tags.

[1] For the record, the recommended practice is not to edit the authors.tt2
file in place. You should create a new folder with the templates you want
to override in a new folder, but with the same path. My path ends up being
something like templates_berklee/opac/parts/record/authors.tt2

Kathy's link explains this approach of creating a new folder for the
templates you want to override, but you can follow up with me, the general
or technology list .

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.10/_designing_your_catalog.html#_configuring_and_customizing_the_public_interface

Good luck,
Yamil