[Evergreen-catalogers] 100 to 150 authority switcheroos

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu May 26 12:30:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
> 3) Just going into the record and changing the 150 to a 100 (and
> making the other necessary changes).  I haven't tested to see if
> that'd actually swap 650s to 600s in the linked bib records, though.

Evergreen doesn't attempt to change bib tags when it propagates
authority record changes, so at present I would suggest doing
something like this:

- update the bibs linked sh 97004256 to change the relevant 650s to
600s, either via global update in Evergreen or doing the export/use
external editor/re-import dance
- delete the old authority record from Evegreen
- load the new name authority record and relink the affected bibs

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt