[Evergreen-catalogers] Call for updated MARC templates

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Apr 26 11:19:37 EDT 2017

Hi,

The MARC templates that ship with Evergreen were last updated in 2007
and thus far predate RDA. I would like to see if we can ship more, and
newer templates in Evergreen 3.0, and to that end would like to ask
for your help.

In particular, I'd like to know what folks doing original cataloging
in Evergreen would want as a decent, but not necessarily overwhelming,
set of templates.  Do we want a template for each common video format?
Do we want AACR2 and RDA versions of the common templates? What else
should I be asking for?

I would also like to ask folks to share what custom templates they're
using now.  If you have access to your Evergreen server, they are
typically found in the /openils/var/templates/marc/ directory;
templates can also be shared as MARCXML or MARC records.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager