[Evergreen-catalogers] Call for updated MARC templates

Sylvia Orner sorner at albright.org
Thu Apr 27 09:12:53 EDT 2017

Hi Galen,

Most of the original cataloging that I do is for local history items so I find myself mostly using templates for books, DVDs and CDs.   I do like the idea of separate templates for common video formats.  We currently have one for both DVD and Blu-ray, and it's been very convenient.
Personally, I do not see a need for both AACR2 and RDA versions of common templates, but if you do decide to go ahead and do that, could there be a way to hide the version you don't plan on using?

If it helps, I'm attaching a MARC file for some of the templates I use most often  (audiobook, blu-ray, book, DVD and CD).  I think they the same or very similar to the out-of-the box Evergreen templates, but we RDA-ified them a little while ago.   We also added some templates for video games and some more obscure things like kits and realia, but I don't think these are very commonly used.

Thanks,

Sylvia Orner
Head of Technical Services
Scranton Public Library