[Evergreen-catalogers] Call for updated MARC templates

Stroup, Meg MStroup at statelibrary.sc.gov
Thu Apr 27 13:44:46 EDT 2017

I agree with Jennifer:  being able to load templates at the database level would be very helpful.  Our systems admins have limited access, and there's a point at which we can go no further with the MARC templates without requesting assistance.

Thank you for opening up the discussion about what custom templates are currently in use.  We're just beginning to create custom templates, so hearing what others find useful is extremely helpful.

We created two highly abbreviated ILL templates for use at the State Library location:  they're extremely location-specific, but having them really speeds processing time.  It would be wonderful if there were some way that we could load rough-and-ready templates like those as the need arises.

Meg Stroup
SCLENDS Cataloging Coordinator
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 737-7736 | mstroup at statelibrary.sc.gov

Innovation | Collaboration | Participation