[Evergreen-catalogers] Is there such a thing as an authority MARC template?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Jan 27 14:09:33 EST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
> I know that we can create our own templates for bib records as XML
> files on the server.  Can we do the same for authority MARC records?
> It would be nice to have a few of those fixed fields pre-filled.

Evergreen doesn't presently have a notion of MARC templates for
authority records.  However, there are only a small number of places
in the code that would have to be touched to add such support.
LP#1131238 (move MARC templates to the database) might be a good
wishlist item for somebody to tackle in conjunction with teaching
Evergreen about authority MARC templates.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager