[Evergreen-catalogers] Is there such a thing as an authority MARC template?

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Sun Jan 29 15:37:26 EST 2017

Thanks, Galen.  That is very helpful.  I added this to the "wishlist"
in launchpad

Hope that folks will continue the conversation, either on this mailing
list or on the launchpad entry.

  -Jane

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Galen Charlton
<gmc at equinoxinitiative.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Jane Sandberg <sandbej at linnbenton.edu> wrote:
>> I know that we can create our own templates for bib records as XML
>> files on the server.  Can we do the same for authority MARC records?
>> It would be nice to have a few of those fixed fields pre-filled.
>
> Evergreen doesn't presently have a notion of MARC templates for
> authority records.  However, there are only a small number of places
> in the code that would have to be touched to add such support.
> LP#1131238 (move MARC templates to the database) might be a good
> wishlist item for somebody to tackle in conjunction with teaching
> Evergreen about authority MARC templates.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
> Equinox Open Library Initiative
> phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
> email:  gmc at equinoxInitiative.org
> web:  https://equinoxInitiative.org
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366

Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian
Linn-Benton Community College
sandbej at linnbenton.edu / 541-917-4655
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them/theirs