[Evergreen-catalogers] Loading authorities through the client

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Thu Jul 13 15:16:30 EDT 2017

Hi Mary,

Here's how I usually do this:

1. Record Type=Authority records
2. Give the queue a name
3. Record match set = LBCC AUTH
4. Record Source=[name of authority vendor]
5. Import non-matching records should be checked, all others unchecked
6. Choose the authority file and upload

The LBCC AUTH record match set is very simple, just matching on the
normalized heading.

It might also be worth throwing your file into Terry Reese's MarcEdit
program to double check that the record is valid MARC.

Hope this helps,

   -Jane

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Mary Llewellyn <mllewell at biblio.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If anyone is uploading authority records through the client, would you mind
> sharing with me what your Record Match set looks like and what settings you
> are using for the upload itself. I've been experimenting and all I get is a
> scrolling bar after it looks like the file (of one record!) has been
> uploaded, like this thing is processing forever, and I never see a resulting
> queue. Guidance would be deeply appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mary
>

> --
> Mary Llewellyn
> Database Manager
> Bibliomation, Inc.
> 24 Wooster Ave.
> Waterbury, CT 06708
> mllewell at biblio.org

Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian
Linn-Benton Community College
sandbej at linnbenton.edu / 541-917-4655
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them/theirs