[Evergreen-catalogers] Firefox Toolbar enhancements

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue May 23 09:10:57 EDT 2017

Hi Don,

I didn't attend the session, but Grace Dunbar presented a session at the
conference on toolbars in the web client. I believe it covered
recommended browser extensions that can be used for bookmarking web
client pages.

The presentation is available from the conference handout page -
https://evergreen-ils.org/conference/2017-evergreen-international-conference/2017-conference-programs-and-schedule/

Kathy

On 05/23/2017 08:34 AM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
> All,
>
> Now that we are live on 2.12.1 I am starting to use the Evergreen Web
> Client (Webby) to do production cataloging. My go-to browser is
> Firefox and my plan is to use the Firefox Toolbar more than ever. It
> already has links to 11 websites that I constantly use when
> cataloging. The problem is these links already fill the toolbar from
> edge to edge. So ... now I am looking for two things.
>
> First, I want either a second toolbar for Webby screens, or, a way to
> wrap the stock Firefox toolbar that will accommodate Webby screens,
> or, a way to make all links appear on one line by displaying only the
> web-page icons.
>
> Second, I also want to be able to program shortcut keys to activate
> bookmarked pages. e.g. Esc instead of Ctrl w, Ctrl F1 Login, Ctrl F2
> Browse Title, Ctrl F3 Keyword search, Ctrl F4 TCN Search, Ctrl F5 TCN
> Search, Ctrl F6 Z39.50 search ... You get the idea.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for trusted Add-ons that can
> provide this functionality?
>
> Many Thanks!
>
> Don
>
> --