[Evergreen-catalogers] Book Club Kits

Ruth Lord rlord at scenicregional.org
Tue Nov 14 14:10:12 EST 2017

We are changing our procedure for our Book Club Kits.  Starting December
1st, we will be using the Evergreen Booking Module.  You will no longer be
able to place holds on them through the catalog.  If you want to borrow a
book club kit from Scenic, you will need to call Paul Schroeder at
636-583-0652, ext. 108 or email him at
<mailto:pschroeder at scenicregional.org> pschroeder at scenicregional.org to
request a title.

We have more than 70 book club kits available for checkout.

Each kit contains:

.         At least ten (10) copies of the title

.         discussion questions for the book

.         large print and audio books can be included in a book kit upon
request, if available

Book club kits can be checked out for 8 weeks and cannot be renewed.

You can go to our website https://scenicregional.org/bookclubbooks/  to see
a list of the books.  Each title is a link to the catalog so you can get
more information on the book.

I have attached an instruction sheet so that you know how to receive and
return the Booked item.

We believe this will solve the problems of people putting holds on kits for
a future time and then having someone else check it out just before they
were to get it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ruth Lord

Technical Services Manager