[Evergreen-catalogers] Bucket problem

Parsons, Leland leland.parsons at interlochen.org
Thu Oct 5 16:25:53 EDT 2017

Hello, All,

 Oh mighty great evergreen brain! I am having a heck of a time navigating
all manuals to figure out this problem. I found a bit, but I think there
should be a batter way.

I am new to Evergreen and I am trying to fix a large cataloging mistake
I've come across at my library. Someone put a donation note in the 500
field for 300 books. We would like them to be in the 590 field.

I have found a way to do this but very labor intensive. I have created two
buckets one to delete the 500 field the other to add a 590. So, I search
the catalog and get all 300 books and have to go to each record (so it
seems) and add them to a buckets.

I am hoping that I could just dump all 300 titles in to the bucket from the
search results and not have to go into each individual record and do it.

Is this possible?

In hopes that these lines find you all well!

--
Leland Parsons
*Academic Librarian*

P: 231.276.7231
W: interlochen.org <http://www.interlochen.org/>

Interlochen Arts Camp | Arts Academy | College of Creative Arts | Presents