[Evergreen-catalogers] 856 $9 Heads-Up

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:56:47 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Just a heads-up ... if you unintentionally add a blank space after the text
of a subfield 9 in the 856 field, Evergreen doesn't recognize the code as
valid, and it will not display the 856 fields on the Record Summary screen
and the title will not show up in the OPAC.

Normally one might catch this problem if the $9 was followed by another
subfield. In our case we put the $9 at the end of the field, so the fact
that a blank space had been inadvertently added wasn't visually apparent.

I'm probably the only one that has ever made this mistake, but wanted to
warn my fellow catalogers ... just in case.

Don

--
Don Butterworth
Collection Management Librarian /