[Evergreen-catalogers] Load MARC Order Record

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Oct 19 11:10:03 EDT 2017

Hi Don,

  This sounds similar to a problem we encountered when first using
acquisitions a few years ago. In our case, the records would upload as
expected and we had not trouble using merge profiles or generating the
copy record. However, every upload on one system had a hanging progress
bar and the View Purchase Order and other links never appeared.

We later realized that we were lacking a permission on our acquisitions
accounts that allowed the upload to go as smoothly as it should. The
CREATE_BIB_IMPORT_QUEUE was one permission we were missing (this
discover resulted in my filing
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1325637), but I think there
were others. Since your experience sounds a little different than what
we experienced, it might be a different permission, but I would start
with some of the permissions related to batch importing to see if your
acquisitions folks have all the permissions they need.

I hope this helps!

Kathy

On 10/19/2017 11:02 AM, Donald Butterworth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We use the Load MARC Order Record feature 99.9% of the time to create
> a purchase orders. We create MARC files that includes a 962 field in
> each bib record, which is what we use to supply copy record data and
> order data.
>
> When we load a file, and Evergreen doesn't encounter a matching bib
> record, all goes smoothly. The PO gets generated and the copy records
> get created automatically.
>
> However ... if Evergreen does encounter a matching bib record, the
> progress bar continues to display and the View Purchase Order link
> never appears. Also, from the point in the import process where
> Evergreen encounters the matching bib record, the copy records fail to
> create.
>
> What we want is for the incoming bib record to overlay the existing
> bib record and create the copy record. Also, of course, we want the PO
> creation to complete, and the View Purchase Order link to appear.
>
> What checkbox are we missing, or is this a bug?
>
> Don
>
> --
> Don Butterworth
> Collection Management Librarian /