[Evergreen-catalogers] Load MARC Order Record

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Thu Oct 19 11:02:58 EDT 2017

Hi All,

We use the Load MARC Order Record feature 99.9% of the time to create a
purchase orders. We create MARC files that includes a 962 field in each bib
record, which is what we use to supply copy record data and order data.

When we load a file, and Evergreen doesn't encounter a matching bib record,
all goes smoothly. The PO gets generated and the copy records get created
automatically.

However ... if Evergreen does encounter a matching bib record, the progress
bar continues to display and the View Purchase Order link never appears.
Also, from the point in the import process where Evergreen encounters the
matching bib record, the copy records fail to create.

What we want is for the incoming bib record to overlay the existing bib
record and create the copy record. Also, of course, we want the PO creation
to complete, and the View Purchase Order link to appear.

What checkbox are we missing, or is this a bug?

Don

--
Don Butterworth
Collection Management Librarian /