[Evergreen-catalogers] Web client cataloging and "Completed copies" tab

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Thu Apr 12 14:23:03 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

I've started doing some training on using the web client and came up with a
question I can't easily answer. When creating a item what is the "completed
copies" tab for? If I click on "save & exit" I simply create the item. If I
click on "Store selected" the item moves to the "completed copies" tab but
it's not really completed, it's just stored.

On the "completed copies" tab there re two buttons "Save" and "Edit
selected". The "Save" button has a drop-down menu of two choices, "Save
completed" or "Save & exit". Both of these are grayed out. Shouldn't I be
able to "Save & exit" from here?

In order to actually *complete my item**, *I have to click on the "Edit
selected" which moves the item back to the "Working copies" tab where there
is a working "Save & exit" button.

It seems to me that the "Completed copies" tab should be renamed "Stored
copies" as the copies get there by clicking on "Store selected". Then
the *stored
copies* can be selected and either "Save & exit" so they are *completed* or
"Edit selected" so they can be further worked on.

I get the concept of storing copies to work on later. I just think the tab
label is misleading.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801