[Evergreen-catalogers] Blank copy alert message in copy template

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Aug 24 17:33:13 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

When we upgraded to the web client version 3.0.10 some libraries
experienced blank copy alert messages in newly created items. We found that
templates had been corrupted with an invisible stuck character in the alert
message field. Entering text in the field in the item record or in the
template, saving, and then removing the text cleared out the field. No more
copy alerts in check in, check out.

I have at least two libraries that have tried editing templates and have
deleted corrupted ones and made new ones. They still have the blank alert
messages. One library had this happen to all newly created templates. These
libraries catalog affected items in xul.

I do not see anything like this in Launchpad. Is anyone else experiencing
this? Did you fix it, and if so how?

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801