[Evergreen-catalogers] Printing spine labels in 2.12

Chrisy Schroth Chrisy.Schroth at kentonlibrary.org
Tue May 15 09:52:21 EDT 2018

We used to use Dymo label printers when we were on Horizon, but we switched to Zebra printers, and have had them the whole time we have been on Evergreen. I seem to remember that the Dymo worked similarly to the Zebras that we have now, so maybe this will help.

Usually when our labels come out blank we have to go into the Windows printer settings  > printing preferences and check the darkness and the speed. With the Zebras we have to set it for the slowest print speed, and the highest darkness setting, or folks get blank labels. The fun thing about that is Systems does everything the same when they install them on all our computers, but for whatever reason, on some of our installations, the highest darkness setting is 15, but on some it is 30. If the max is 30 on a computer, but the setting is 15, the labels are blank.

The other problem that sometimes makes our labels blank is that Evergreen thinks the page size is different from the label, and it's printing, but not in the right spot. If I remember correctly, it was trying to print on normal letter paper. To fix both these problems, our Systems Admin creates a label stock in the Windows printing preferences while he is there. It's the only way we got it to remember the proper page size and other settings. This is all in addition to the Evergreen printer settings that Jennifer just sent.

I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a great day!
Chrisy

Chrisy Schroth
Assistant Cataloger/Serials Coordinator