[Evergreen-catalogers] Fwd: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Community Bug Squashing Week: May 21-25

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Wed May 16 18:57:04 EDT 2018

Hi catalogers,

Here's a way to effect change in the Evergreen cataloging module, and
help get important bugs fixed more quickly.  You really don't have to
be a software developer to participate; you just need to know about
cataloging in Evergreen.

Testing bug fixes is not super technical, the process looks like this:
1) Choose a bug with a proposed fix that still needs to be tested
(here are some cataloging-related ones:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&assignee_option=none&field.tag=cataloging+pullrequest&field.tags_combinator=ALL)
2) Fill out a form
3) Get an email with a link to a Web client with the proposed fix.
4) Write a comment on the launchpad bug letting folks know whether the
fix worked for you or not, or if you aren't sure how to test the fix.

You can also work with developers on what fixes should look like for
bugs that don't yet have any proposed fixes:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=cataloging

I hope that some of you will be able to join!

  -Jane