[Evergreen-catalogers] Copy Tags

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Mon Sep 24 13:41:10 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions on using copy tags. Just starting to work with out
network's bib committee to create a best practices document. I'm using
pages 272-274 and pages 451-455 in the Evergreen documentation from the
wiki.

Here's what I know so far, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Copy tag types:

   - At the central site we can create a "type of copy tag".
   - There can be multiple "types" of copy tags.
   - Copy tag "types" can belong to a org unit or to the network.

Copy tags in item records:

   - A library can select the "type of copy tag".
   - A library can assign a label and a value to their copy tag. They can
   also assign a staff note.
   - The value is what displays in the OPAC.
   - The copy tag can be OPAC visible or visible only in the staff client.
   - The copy tag belongs to a specific org unit.

Questions:

   - How are the types of copy tags added to the drop-down menus?
   - How are the copy tags indexed?
   - Is this an additional index so that searching for "Summer Reading" for
   example only looks for tags that have the "type" Summer Reading?
   - What copy tag fields are included in the keyword index, just the
   label, just the value, or both?
   - Does the drop-down menu choices of tags vary depending on the org unit
   searched (scoped)?

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801