[Evergreen-catalogers] Overlay/merge profiles for record merges and Z39.50 overlays

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Thu Apr 25 09:43:13 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I was asked at the Catalogers' Interest Group meeting to share our
Overlay/Merge profile for the web client that allows us to
1.copy an ISBN or UPC from one record to another during a merge (use case:
merging a Paw Prints binding record with the paperback record and copying
the Paw Prints ISBN to the final version of the merged record), and

2. allows us to preserve an ISBN or UPC in a local catalog record when
overlaying it with a record from OCLC (use case: we allow ISBNs for
individual years for a serial title for acquisitions purposes, which we
don't want to lose if we overlay it with a more recent version of the
record from OCLC).

The setting is set up under Marc Batch Import/Export/ Merge/Overlay
Profiles.

[image: image.png]

The fields that drive this are

Replace specification:  901c (record ID)

Add specification: 020, 024 (or  other tags you want to keep/merge)

I hope someone finds this to be helpful.

Mary

--
Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager