[Evergreen-catalogers] Copy tags

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Mon Feb 25 09:49:50 EST 2019

We haven't used them in real life yet, but in my testing I found I could
create other types, like "Local author" and they would still be searchable
with the Digital Bookplate OPAC search.

I also found that you could add new tags on the fly as you were creating in
item in the Volume/Copy editor.

We encountered a bug that I don't know if it's fixed yet, where once you
added a copy tag to an item, you couldn't delete it.

Mary

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 8:54 AM Ruth Lord <rlord at scenicregional.org> wrote:

> I've been using copy tags for Digital bookplates.  It's been awhile since
> I set them up.
>
> If I remember right, you have to go into Administration--Local
> Administration--Copy Tags to create the copy tags you want to use.
>
> Then when you are in the Volume/Copy Editor on the item, click on Copy
> Tags, choose Digital Bookplate, then start typing in the tag you want, a
> list will appear.  Choose the one you want.
>
> Make sure you click Add tag.  Then click OK.
>

> I don't know of any way to change the dotted box around the display.
>

> Ruth Lord
> Technical Services Manager
> Scenic Regional Library
> 304 Hawthorn Drive
> Union, Missouri 63084
> rlord at scenicregional.org
> www.scenicregional.org
>
> 636-583-0652 x107
>

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 11:18 PM Janet Schrader <jschrader at cwmars.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is anyone using copy tags? I have read documentation on how to create
>> copy tag types and copy tags but need some help understanding how
>> these tags work. How do the tags get indexed, how do the tags get into the
>> digital bookplate index and the keyword index? How are tags scoped to org
>> units?
>>
>> The CWMARS Bib Committee has recommended four types of tags: Grant
>> Funded; Summer reading; Local authors; Memorial/Donation. I originally
>> thought that these terms would be in the drop-down index in the OPAC. I now
>> know the only index choice is Digital Bookplates. If we have these four
>> types how are they constructed to be part of the Digital Bookplate index?
>>
>> Has anyone figured out how to make the dotted line around the text in the
>> OPAC display in relative size to the text, i.e. not one-size-fits-all?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Janet
>>

>> Janet Schrader
>>
>> Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS
>>
>> 67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606
>>
>> P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager
Bibliomation, Inc.