[Evergreen-catalogers] Angular staff client catalog

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed Sep 18 21:10:07 EDT 2019

I have not had a chance to play with 3.3 or 3.4 yet, but it was my
understanding from Bill's demos earlier this year that he only put enough
content into the initial display so that it could function as a proof of
concept to be sure the core search functions and filters were working
correctly, and that the additional displayed elements were still to be
worked out after that.

As for the public and staff catalogs matching or not, I could go either way
as long as all parties are presented with what is most useful to them.
Having a single catalog with select elements hidden/displayed for each
audience is easier to maintain over time. I expect that once the new staff
catalog is fleshed out to everyone's satisfaction, it could then be re-used
in the redo of the public catalog, so we would then be back to having the
same experience in the staff and public catalogs.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250