[Evergreen-catalogers] Hotkeys in the web client - Keyboard Navigation

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Wed Feb 5 14:15:41 EST 2020

Hi Josh,

No, as far as I know, nothing has changed. Like you, we have more than one
library that is using, unhappily so, the web client and is extremely
frustrated by the lack of keyboard commands.  Here is a response from a
library with 6 branches when asked what keyboard shortcuts/commands are in
xul and missing in the web client.

XUL adding items for main and branches

-          F3 for advanced search – scan ISBN or title/author search or
LCCN or other

-          Alt+Shift+A to access Actions for this record menu, then H for
Holdings maintenance
The Alt+Shift+A is used to go to Marc Edit, Opac View, and Mark for overlay
and is very convenient

-          If overlaying record, Alt+G then Z will take you to the Marc
import via Z39.50 screen

-          Find the record, then Alt+O, then Alt+D, then Alt+O

-          In XUL we have to add/edit items in the different branches
separately, but can do multiple items in a single library (if Main branch
has three items, I can add/edit those at once, as long as they use the same
template)

-          Right-click the row with the item to edit or Right-click on the
volume to add an item or Right-click on the library to add a volume and item

-          Then select Edit item, add item, or add item, respectively

-          Scan barcode, enter Call number and price, then select Template

-          Alt+Y to apply template

-          Alt+R to Re-barcode/update items or Alt+C to Create volumes
(depending on if you are editing or adding

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>