[Evergreen-catalogers] Terminology in Cataloging

Willis, Beth willis at noblenet.org
Tue Jan 21 11:29:15 EST 2020

Staff at one of our member libraries have reported that terminology used on
different staff client screens is confusing.  Specifically:

In the Item Status screen, the Actions menu includes three "Edit"  options:

   - Edit Call Numbers
   - Edit Items
   - Edit Call Numbers and Items

On the Check In screen there is just one "Edit" option on the Actions menu:

   - Edit Holdings

I noticed that on the Item Bucket screen, there is also just one "Edit"
option:

   - Edit Items

I know that there was a lot of discussion about terminology as the web
client was developed, much of it detailed here:

Have staff at your libraries also found differences in terminology
confusing?

The variation in menu options may add to the confusion caused by the
difference in terminology.   Do you think that additional editing options
should be added to the Check in and/or Item Bucket screens?

Thanks for your feedback.
Beth

--
Beth Willis