[Evergreen-catalogers] 3.5 demo Item attributes

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:21:12 EDT 2020

Hi Mary,

The interfaces I demoed on the call were all works in progress.  None of
them are part of 3.5.  Some or all of them may be included in 3.6, though.

The goal of the demo was to solicit feedback from users.  I got some great
input on the call and I hope it continues.  Thanks for adding your voice!

The move away from show/hide buttons to a tabbed interface for the
"volcopy" UI was one thing I was expecting to get a little more pushback
on.  I received only positive feedback on the call, but it's possible not
everyone spoke up.

Not having to scroll so much was mentioned as a positive result of the
change.  It also acts as a middle ground between the current web staff
all-in-one display and the XUL interfaces where item attributes UI was a
separate window.  From my perspective, it also makes the interface a lot
tidier overall, particularly on larger data sets.  But, it's not about me...

I'd like to know how others feel about it.  Images of the holdings and item
attributes tabs attached for reference.  Note the "Holdings" and "Item
Attributes" (and "Preferences") tabs just below the record summary.

I should also point out the tabs share data, so you can bounce between them
without losing work.

Thanks,

-b