[Evergreen-catalogers] Language filters and original language of a translation

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Mar 13 16:05:41 EDT 2020

Hi Elaine,

I am not changing anything in the MARC record, all the 041 subfields needed
to code the language information will still be there. I was curious as to
how networks were using the 041 field in language limiters. At one time the
language limiter looked only at the fixed field language code. Adding the
041 opened up more possibilities.  Adding or subtracting codes from the 041
record attribute allow for tweaking what the filter will retrieve.

OT: Are your libraries closing too? We have been getting multiple closings
due to the governor's and now the president's announcement of a state of
emergency.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>