[Evergreen-catalogers] 655 genre no longer indexing with subjects

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Dec 3 10:29:00 EST 2021

We recently discovered that genre terms in tag 655 no longer retrieve
records when searched as subjects. We're not sure when this change
happened. Has anyone else noticed this in their catalogs?

Our example: Silverview by John Le Carre has the genre terms Spy fiction
and Spy stories, but an author search combined with subject search on "spy"
does not find the records. (The librarian who reported it avoided title as
he didn't know the book's title.)

Mary

--
Mary Llewellyn