[Evergreen-catalogers] Date display in search list?

Chrisy Schroth Chrisy.Schroth at kentonlibrary.org
Tue Jul 13 17:02:55 EDT 2021

I also prefer using the dates from the 260/264 field. That said, I remembered a bug I had investigated once related to this where we WERE talking about serial records, and finally found it in Launchpad.

This one is for the dates in the Record Summary, (vs the dates in the Search Results). In 2019 (3.2.4) Evergreen was pulling dates for the Record Summary with trailing - from the 260, but for records with a 264 it was pulling from the Fixed Field Date1, with no trailing punctuation or end dates.

Do we know if the pre-angular search results dates consistent in where they were pulled from, or was it also pulling from different locations when different fields were involved?

Thanks and have a great day!
Chrisy

Chrisy Schroth
Assistant Cataloger/Serials Coordinator