[Evergreen-catalogers] Date display in search list?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:26:51 EDT 2021

Hi Janet,

As it happens, the staff catalog doesn't use much of the same logic when
rendering results, so it's not something that can be easily put back.
However, a stock configuration change to pull the date display data from
260/264 (or, likely, the MODS equivalent) could be done. This could be done
today on a per-instance basis, but would require a display field reingest.
There are other options, too, such as interpreting the fixed fields
differently based on it being a continuing resource.

So, in short, there are options ... but the "best" may be subjective.

Thanks,

--
Mike Rylander
Research and Development Manager