[Evergreen-catalogers] Date display in search list?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Tue Jul 13 17:28:50 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:21 PM Elaine Hardy via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> In the pre-angular catalog, open dates were displayed in the search result
> list as 1996- (I'm not sure if closed dates displayed as 1996-1998 or not).
> In angular (3.6) only the first date is displayed without the - if the date
> is open. Some of our catalogers used this 1996- format as a quick way to
> find a multivol record with similarly titled manifestations. On further
> investigation, I think that pre-angular may have been pulling from the
> 260/264 |c and that angular is populating it from the fixed field dates
> (08/07-14).

I can confirm that as of the moment (i.e, Evergreen master), the OPAC (both
TPAC and Bootstrap) is pulling the date(s) next to the title and format
icons in the results list from the 260 $c if present. If there is no 260
$c, it takes it from the 264 ind2=4 $c.

The Angular staff catalog is drawing it from the "publisher" display field,
which by default displays the $abc of the first 260 or 264 in the record.
Any punctuation in the $c will be displayed as is.

If the record has no 260 or 264, the date will (via various convolutions)
be taken from the 008 Date1 and will be displayed with the label "Pub Date"
rather than "Publisher".

If the "publisher" and/or "pubdate" display fields have been customized in
one's system... anything goes.

Regards,

Galen
--