[Evergreen-catalogers] Catalogers unite!

John Jones johnj at ozarkregional.org
Thu Jul 22 15:58:48 EDT 2021

Knowing some cataloging means that you can more efficiently search for
items, and in some cases can spot problems with records and evaluate
whether it is something you can fix yourself (with prior authorization,
of course) or whether to send the problem to a cataloger--especially
useful in smaller/understaffed libraries!

In addition, knowing catalog basics makes it much easier to search the
catalog and find items based on the record's description. That means
getting items for patrons faster, which means happier patrons (and
happier managers).

On 7/22/2021 2:26 PM, Kate Coleman via Evergreen-catalogers wrote:
> Fellow catalogers and Technical Services gurus. If you could share
> your thoughts with me, I'd greatly appreciate it. How would you answer
> this question from a fellow library worker (from ANY department from
> clerk to Admin!) who DOES NOT catalog?
>
> How would me knowing some cataloging help me in my job?
>

> Kate Coleman, MLIS
> Technical Services Manager, Jefferson County Library
> Missouri Evergreen Consortium
> 5678 State Rd. PP
> High Ridge, MO 63049
> 636-677-8689