[Evergreen-catalogers] Catalogers unite!

Jessica Philyaw jphilyaw at fontanalib.org
Thu Jul 22 16:42:02 EDT 2021

Knowing something about cataloging helps all staff understand how the
catalog works, and therefore how better to use it to find materials for
patrons. Cataloging is about customer service. I think it's also great for
catalogers to work a public desk from time to time, to see how their work
enables discovery and influences patron satisfaction.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 3:26 PM Kate Coleman via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Fellow catalogers and Technical Services gurus. If you could share your
> thoughts with me, I'd greatly appreciate it. How would you answer this
> question from a fellow library worker (from ANY department from clerk to
> Admin!) who DOES NOT catalog?
>
> How would me knowing some cataloging help me in my job?
>

> Kate Coleman, MLIS
> Technical Services Manager, Jefferson County Library
> Missouri Evergreen Consortium
> 5678 State Rd. PP
> High Ridge, MO 63049
> 636-677-8689
> Fax: 636--677-1769
> kcoleman at jeffcolib.org
>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5960108?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5960108?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Goodreads Logo]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature>Get
> your own email signature
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

Jessica Philyaw (jphilyaw at fontanalib.org)
(pronouns: she/her)
Assistant County Librarian and Technical Services Supervisor
Jackson County Public Library
310 Keener St.
Sylva, NC 28779
Phone: 828-586-2016
Fax: 828-631-2943
"Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my
agency. All e-mail sent to or from the Fontana Regional Library e-mail
systems is subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including
law enforcement personnel."