[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloger training

Beth Longwell blongwel at eou.edu
Tue Jul 27 15:41:14 EDT 2021

Evergreen cataloging community,

I'm seeking resources and ideas for cataloger training. Not only do we need
on-going, on-demand training for using the Evergreen cataloging module but
we need to train never-before catalogers on the basics of MARC and RDA. We
have three levels of cataloging permissions and before a cataloger can add
bib records to the system via z39.50 or batch load they have to receive
training.

In the past we've provided some funding for catalogers to take a class but
would love to have something available locally that could be used whenever
the need arose. What have your libraries done to provide MARC/RDA training?
I know that ideally we could create a repertoire of short videos and
assignments, but so far time has been a factor. If someone has already done
this and is willing to share that would be wonderful. We also may be able
to allocate some funds to purchase training modules if they match our needs.

Thanks in advance,

Beth Ross
Systems Manager
Sage Library System