[Evergreen-catalogers] Catalogers unite!

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Jul 23 12:33:54 EDT 2021

+1 to Elaine's authorized headings for main entries and subjects. Those
different author names are always a problem.

I'll add, if no one has yet, explaining the correlation between the fields
in the MARC record and the OPAC display. Public service staff may have
input on how a network configures the OPAC display.  CWMARS libraries
wanted the 521 field for movie ratings to display more prominently than
below the list of items so ours is between the physical description and the
publisher in the results list.  It may be one of the fields that display
twice as it's also below with other note fields.
I've seen other networks display the alternate titles which is a good idea,
something I'd like to do here, as well as the 780/785 fields.

[image: image.png]

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>