[Evergreen-catalogers] Angular staff catalog Vandelay incoming records not following merge profile

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Tue May 4 17:55:28 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

Last month we upgraded to Release 3.5.  After loading several files of
records using the "experimental catalog" version of Vandelay we discovered
that incoming records were not overlaying existing records. The Merge
profile we continued to use is set to overlay the existing record.  The
queue showed that the records had found matching records in the database
and the record load showed all records were "imported as" those TCNs,  but
the existing records, sadly, remained unchanged.  We are merging on single
match.

We noticed that we used to set the "best/single match minimum quality
ratio" to 1.0. In the "new" Vandelay the ratio appears to be the opposite
with the second number higher, i.e. 1.2. Is there something we
are missing?  When I loaded records to add an 856 field but not overlay I
did not use a ratio and the 856 was added.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801