[Evergreen-catalogers] Language limiter and translations

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Jan 7 17:22:19 EST 2022

Hello Everyone,

One library placing metaholds on a title, AND limiting to English, keeps
getting the Spanish version which I believe is due to 'eng' in the subfield
'h' in the 041 field and the English versions being checked out.

I don't remember where I can find the filter for limiting by languages. Two
years ago I think we added additional subfield codes.  While this helped
find DVDs with subtitles in various languages, it resulted in searches
limited to Spanish finding books in English that were translated from the
Spanish.  Now the same is happening with metaholds.

Has anyone successfully created a language filter that ignores the
original language of a translation?  Is this what I should be trying to do?

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801