[Evergreen-catalogers] bibliographic record notes

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at equinoxoli.org
Wed Mar 9 17:39:34 EST 2022

Hi Mary,

My perspective is more from data projects than day to day cataloging but I
imagine there would be use cases there too.  But you asked for examples.
So, sometimes in migrations or special projects we will have records with
the wrong fixed fields for how the record is used.  A copy cataloged print
book used as an audiobook record record in a migration for example.  I can
alter those fields but I like to keep a history of it.  I can do that in a
9xx but with 3.8 I will probably start putting those sorts of information
in record notes.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 5:11 PM Mary Llewellyn via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've installed 3.8 on a test server here, and I'm going through new
> features. I've read the release notes, but I'm unclear on the why of
> bibliographic record notes. They are clearly outside the MARC record, but I
> can't figure out what they would be used for. Can anyone give me a use case
> example?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mary
>

> --