[Evergreen-catalogers] LP Ticket needs some love

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Mon Apr 10 15:41:10 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I posted this LP ticket about a week ago, and it doesn't seem to be getting
any attention.

Version 3.9.2

We would like the Edit link near the call number in the angular catalog
item table to only be visible if
staff has the appropriate UPDATE_VOLUME permission.

What we're seeing: all items on the Item Table are showing the "edit" link,
regardless of which library owns the item.
What happens: clicking on it opens the Holdings Editor (we're using the
unified view).
The Apply All, Save & Exit button is active, but a permission box appears,
making it look like permission is possible. However, if you click
OK/Continue, the box just reappears instead of showing any message that
permission is denied. So, at least the library can't edit the item or call
number if it doesn't belong to them, but it's a long way around.

What we'd like to see: the "edit" link should not appear if the call number
is attached to an item not owned by the library, in the same way it doesn't
display near the barcode.

If this is something you consider worthwhile, would you take a moment and
add some heat?

Thanks,

Mary

--