[Evergreen-catalogers] music copyright symbol?

Douglas Wray dwray at wlsmail.org
Fri Dec 1 09:40:58 EST 2023

Hello everyone,
I wonder if anyone could tell me why the Windows keyboard combination for
"℗" doesn't function in Evergreen (as far as I can tell). The standard
copyright symbol "©" can be obtained with Alt+0169, but numerous people in
the music library world have suggested Alt+8471 for the music copyright
symbol, and that does nothing in Evergreen. Unless I'm missing something...
Thanks in advance for any help.
Doug Wray
P.S. I do realize that the symbol can be copied from existing bib records,
etc. and pasted, but I'm hoping for something a bit more direct.

--
Douglas Wray, MSLIS
Director of Cataloging Services