[Evergreen-catalogers] music copyright symbol?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Fri Dec 1 14:28:08 EST 2023

Hi,

In addition to the Chrome extension that Monica mentioned, another approach
to consider on Windows is described here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_input#In_Microsoft_Windows

In particular, once I did the suggested change to the registry on a Windows
11 Pro computer, I was able to enter the symbol in both Chrome and Firefox
by holding down the Alt key, then hitting the plus sign followed by 2117 on
the numeric keyboard.

If your Windows computer is managed centrally, it may be necessary for IT
to push out the registry change.

Regards,

Galen

On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 9:41 AM Douglas Wray via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I wonder if anyone could tell me why the Windows keyboard combination for
> "℗" doesn't function in Evergreen (as far as I can tell). The standard
> copyright symbol "©" can be obtained with Alt+0169, but numerous people in
> the music library world have suggested Alt+8471 for the music copyright
> symbol, and that does nothing in Evergreen. Unless I'm missing something...
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Doug Wray
> P.S. I do realize that the symbol can be copied from existing bib records,
> etc. and pasted, but I'm hoping for something a bit more direct.
>
> --
> Douglas Wray, MSLIS
> Director of Cataloging Services
> Westchester Library System