[Evergreen-catalogers] adding titles from a queue to a bucket

Douglas Wray dwray at wlsmail.org
Mon Feb 13 11:26:30 EST 2023

Hello fellow Evergreen catalogers,
I hope someone can offer some ideas about this.
After importing files of vendor MARC records, I would like to be able to
add all of the *non-matching* records in the resulting queue (i.e. records
which are new to the catalog) to a bucket, for exporting, editing with MARC
Edit, and re-importing.
In files of records without 852 or 949 tags, only the non-matching records
will automatically be selected when you give the "Copy to Bucket" command
(under "Queue Actions"). This is perfect; however, it *does not* work with
files consisting of records with 852 or 949 tags. There are boxes to check
next to the titles, and you might think that this would allow you to select
only the non-matching records and copy them to a bucket, but no-- *all* of
the records in the file are still copied to a bucket. Also, among the
"Queue Filters", why is there a "Limit to Records with Matches" option, but
no  "Limit to Records *without* Matches"  option??

*--> *I am *not* interested in using reports for this. *<--*

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Doug Wray

--
Douglas Wray, MSLIS