[Evergreen-catalogers] King County new headings report

Darcy Nebergall djnebergall at kcls.org
Tue Feb 14 15:45:26 EST 2023

Good afternoon, fellow catalogers -

Attached is a screenshot of the KCLS new headings report.

Up at the top, we can select a date range.  Typically, we just select the day before to see any new headings (1XX, 7XX, 6XX, 8XX) added to the catalog the day before.  Off to the right, you can see that we can exclude certain formats, like streaming audio and video records that come from a vendor and aren't scrutinized too closely.  We can also now exclude certain users - for example, if a user makes a big batch change to several thousand records in the catalog, we might not want to see all of that.

Then, we just scroll through the results list and look for things that may need a closer look.  In the screenshot, you might be able to see the entry for "Allen, Jocelyne," followed by that same name with the date "1974-".  This might mean that the new heading needs the birthdate added.  Clicking on the hyperlinked TCN will open just that record in a new tab.  Clicking on the new heading itself will open up a new tab in the Browse array at the point of "Allen, Jocelyne."  Clicking on the "(details)" link opens up a pop-up that shows a bit more information, but most of us don't use that too often.

Having this report within Evergreen is still pretty new for us, and having the actionable hyperlinks is still only in our Testing environment so far - we're very excited about it, though!

Happy to answer any other questions about the report, if I'm able.

Darcy J. Nebergall (she/her/hers)
Cataloging Librarian
King County Library System
Cataloging and Processing Services
425.369.3347
djnebergall at kcls.org
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D94072.356AA050]<https://kcls.org/>

My incoming and outgoing email messages are subject to public disclosure requirements per RCW 42.56.<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.leg.wa.gov%2Frcw%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fcite%3D42.56.070&data=05%7C01%7Cdjnebergall%40kcls.org%7Cd7ab46af692c4ac0cea208da43f3479f%7Cecd4c4ad646a442faaaad05860ad9707%7C0%7C0%7C637897009409406924%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=2jVQbDDuFSeWXDWGP2Q6pz2PiTY4uuFrlPDnPu0uM6Y%3D&reserved=0>