[Evergreen-catalogers] Feedback About Item Stat Cats

Thomsen, Elizabeth et at noblenet.org
Fri Jan 6 12:18:11 EST 2023

Here's a comment that I just added to the bug:

"We use statistical categories extensively.  We have a few required ones at
the consortium level used for statistical reporting, and libraries create
and use their own for a variety of purposes related to statistics and
reports, gifts, grants, retention, and all kinds of projects.   Using the
filter to turn off the display of consortium level statistical categories
would be a big problem for us, and displaying other library's local
statistical categories would be useless and highly annoying.

We agree with what Lindsay wrote in Comment 2: "stat cats should display
based on the staff user's workstation library and automatically display all
CONS, SYS, LIB, and BR stat cats as applicable, without the "Statistical
Categories > Filter by Library" field."

But we may be missing something here -- what is the use case for having the
statistical category filter, and how is it used?  It may be important to
site with a different set-up and workflow than ours, in which case I hope
there's a way to address that as an option."

On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Jason Boyer via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> I was looking at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1992849 and
> rather than just submit a change to open all stat cats up to everyone again
> I wanted to get some feedback from the people that actually use this
> interface on the daily. I'm especially interested in hearing from
> multi-location consortia and / or centralized catalogers.
>
> It would be especially handy to know how you think stat cat selection
> works now, how it should work, etc.
>
> Thanks and have a happy new year
>
> Jason
>
> --