[Evergreen-catalogers] [External] Cataloging topics for EIOC 2024

Efron, Jessica M jessica.efron at dncr.nc.gov
Thu Nov 30 08:59:33 EST 2023

Already time for EIOC!

Off the top of my head:

  *   Managing authorities in Evergreen. Like: What you can do (merging, importing, creating, editing, linking) and how, creating a template, etc
  *   Buckets: batch editing versus exporting to MarcEdit (the whys and whens)
  *   Details about various import settings (What do they all mean? Who can change them?) and the ways you can game them for better matching/import control.
     *   Import best practices for … scenarios?
     *   Explanations of Merge/Overlay profiles, Record Match Sets, Holdings Import Profiles, etc
  *   Would LOVE a deep talk on electronic resources management. This is a big part of my job, and it can be a little “extra” trying to manage records that have no holdings/location in Evergreen. Anyone else with me?

I look forward to hearing everyone’s ideas. Have been on Evergreen for just over five years, and it’s amazing how much more we can do now!

JE

Jessica Efron
Cataloger
State Library of North Carolina

NOTICE New email: jessica.efron at dncr.nc.gov

109 East Jones Street | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryNC/>  Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryNC>  Instagram<http://www.instagram.com/ncculture>  YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/statelibrarync/>  Website<https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA2367.8F42BC10]<https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/>

The State Library is part of the NC Department of Natural & Cultural Resources.
--

Join us as we celebrate the best of North Carolina!<https://www.ncdcr.gov/dncr-50th-anniversary>
Website: www.dncr.nc.gov<http://www.dncr.nc.gov/>

Twitter<https://twitter.com/ncculture> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NorthCarolinaCulture> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ncculture/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLfbnzwVhIdW10LIEnzUY2Q> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-carolina-department-of-cultural-resources/>

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.